Victims of car accidents are entitled to receive payment when the accident was caused by a driver's negligence. Matthew Fogelman, an experienced car accident attorney in Newton, aggressively seeks compensation for his clients. He builds strong cases based on an investigation, the impact of the injuries on the life of the victim (pain and suffering), the medical expenses involved in recovering from the accident, and any lost wages from missing work.
A car accident claim poses no financial risk for the injured person, as the firm does not charge any fees unless and until we obtain payment for a client's injuries.
A car accident case usually involves an insurance company and/or its lawyers. Insurance companies try to minimize the amount they will need to pay the victim. They may try to blame the accident on you rather than on their own insured. We know how to deal with the insurance companies and battle against their tactics.
Our Newton car accident lawyer handles automobile accident claims involving:
- Changing lanes
- Air bag failure
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Failure to stop at signal or sign
- Failure to yield
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Multicar crashes
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Traveling too fast for the conditions
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Debris littered on the road
Also, keep in mind that a municipality, city, or county government may be found at fault if:
- They failed to maintain roadways, highways, and bridges
- They failed to fix or repair road signs or traffic signals
In addition, the vehicle manufacturer may also be held liable if a design or manufacturing defect led to or helped cause the accident.