Boston Employment and Personal Injury Lawyer Matthew J. Fogelman
Matthew J. Fogelman is a founding partner of Fogelman & Fogelman LLC. Mr. Fogelman’s litigation practice is focused on employment law and personal injury cases. He is an experienced trial lawyer, having won a number of significant cases on behalf of plaintiffs, including prevailing before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court in a ground-breaking disability discrimination case involving an employee’s right to use medical marijuana off-site.
For his work on the Barbuto marijuana case, Mr. Fogelman was recently named one of the “Lawyers of the Year” for 2017 by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.
In the employment arena, Mr. Fogelman has litigated cases ranging from Wage Act and overtime cases to discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation matters. He has significant experience advising employees on non-compete and severance agreements. A former newspaper reporter, Mr. Fogelman also has experience in First Amendment and defamation and libel law, and has counseled clients concerning defamatory material published on the Internet.
In the personal injury realm, Mr. Fogelman has extensive experience litigating complex personal injury cases and emotionally-charged cases, including allegations of sexual abuse and wrongful death, as well as car collisions, slip-and-falls, and dog bites, among many others.
Mr. Fogelman’s class action practice is focused on helping groups of employees and consumers recover damages in cases in which individually their matters would not be large enough to be cost-efficient. He and the firm have prevailed in several class-action matters, including a significant wage and hour case involving illegal distribution of tips and cases involving tenants who have been the subject of systematic illegal charges of amenity and other fees by landlords and large management companies.
- Member of the Third World Law Journal
- Editor-in-chief of the newspaper, the Wesleyan Argus
- All Massachusetts State Courts
- All New York State Courts
- Federal District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Federal District Court for the District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- Member, Board of Governors
- Recognized as one of the "Lawyers of the Year" for 2017 by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- Named a New England and Massachusetts “Super Lawyer” in employment law for 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star” by Boston Magazine for four consecutive years, between 2010-2013
- Published article in the University of Alabama Law School’s Journal of the Legal Profession concerning sleeping criminal defense attorneys
- Temple Beth Shalom, Vice President for Administration
- Associate, Todd & Weld LLP
- Associate, Bingham McCutchen